02, June 2015: Troy Container Line, which services over 800 shipping ports around the world, today issued a reminder notifying shippers that, since July 2, 2008 the U.S. Census Bureau & Custom Border Protection requires mandatory filing of export information prior to vessel departure through the Automated Export System (AES) for all shipments.
According to the Troy Container Liner spokesperson, the regulations call for the export information to be filed in AES according to specific timeframe, and it is now fully implemented with effective date October 1, 2008.
“The shipper or its authorized agent will be required to provide to the exporting carrier AES ITN or exemption legend prior to exporting at scheduled port where the cargo is loaded,“ said the spokesperson.
“Failure to provide to the carrier the AES ITN or exemption legend would result in the inability by the carrier to load the cargo onto the assigned vessel. In the event any cargo is loaded without the mandatory filing, a fine of US$10,000 per Bill of Lading is assessed by U.S. Census Bureau & Custom Border Protection,“ stressed the spokesperson, who .
Exporting cargo is not as easy as it once was, and according to the Troy Container Liner spokesperson, there are now new rules and regulations coming into effect every year making our margin of error and time constraints smaller and smaller, ocean rates dropping down to all time lows.
The Troy Container Line spokespersons wants to make sure that all their clients are aware of the following:
- to file and provide information in accordance with the U.S. Census Bureau & Custom Border Protection,
- to pass the information to us along with your shipping instructions within the timeframe outlined below,
- that cargo will NOT be loaded and will be rolled due to non compliance, and that same would be subject to roll-over fee, late documentation fee, demurrage, storage, re-handling, and any charge assessed by the terminal and the carrier in line with their published tariff.
Due to the new regulations, Troy Container Line will operate under the following guidelines:
- it would be mandatory to receive bill of lading info with AES ITN or exemption legend 24 hours prior to cargo cutoff for all shipments
- upon deadline, Troy Container Line WILL NOT LOAD any shipment for which NO documents were received.
“We cannot stress it too often or fail to remind out our shippers how important it is to provide us with correct and timely,“ noted the Troy Container Liner’s spokesperson.
ABOUT TROY CONTAINER LLC SHIPPING:
Troy Container Line’s LCL services to more than 800 ports around the world guarantee customers can ship their cargo with ease and efficiency. Our LCL shipping and consolidation services include providing the most competitive door pick-up pricing, as well as the flexibility of dropping LCL cargo locally at any one of Troy’s 21 conveniently located warehouses. From user-friendly online services for quotations, bookings and tracing shipments to our personalized, hands-on approach, understanding our customers’ needs and providing the utmost in customer service is our top priority!