Knocked into QuickBooks error code 15106 and can’t find an ideal solution? Here is what can be done. QuickBooks error code 15106 is kind of an issue that is usually seen when the user tries to update the program. Moreover, it is also seen with a warning message that states that the update program has been damaged. This sort of issue is probably seen when the user tries to use QuickBooks payroll or is unable to update it.
Tackling this sort issue can be a tough nut to crack, considering which we have come up with this segment, wherein we will be discussing about the QuickBooks error code 15106, its factors and also some of the troubleshooting steps. Interested readers can continue with this post, whereas, in case of any query, connect with our team professionals and we will be more than happy to help you.
What triggers the QuickBooks error code 15106?
The user can end up in such QuickBooks error code 15106due to handful of reasons, which include the following:
- One of the major causes can be antivirus application installed in the system blocking the update.
- If the spy sweeper is present in the webroot antivirus software and it takes QB update program as a malware activity.
- Moreover, if the user isn’t logged in as admin in the system, then the ability to read and write the new files get restricted without admin credentials.
Methods to rectify the QuickBooks error code 15106
The user can try resolving the QuickBooks error code 15106 by performing any of the below methods:
Method 1: Turning off the user account control
One can try fixing the error by turning off the user account control. The steps to be followed here are:
- Start with pressing windows + R and open the run window.
- And then, type in control panel and hit ok tab.
- Select the user accounts and ensure to select user accounts classic view.
- Further, click on change user account control settings option.
- And also, move the slider:
- Set it to never notify and click on ok tab to turn UAC off.
- Else set it to always notify and click on ok to turn UAC on.
- End the process by rebooting the system.
Method 2: Stop antivirus and rename folders
In case the first method was a complete failure for you, then try out this particular method, where you would be required to perform the below steps:
- Herein, the user is supposed to press ctrl + shift + esc keys and open task manager.
- Further, move to the processes tab and look for antivirus.exe file.
- Later on, select and end process.
- Rename the QuickBooks update folder.
- By pressing windows + E keys and opening file explorer
- Move to C:\Program Files\ intuit\ QuickBooks \components
- For 64- bit users , move to the C:\Program Files(x86)\ intuit\ QuickBooks \components
- Now, right click the downloadqbXX folder and click on rename tab.
- Also, add .old to the end of the name.
- Last but not the least, re-update QuickBooks desktop.
We expect that after reading the above post, you might be able to fix the QuickBooks error code 15106 successfully.
Whereas, in case you get stuck at any point of time, or if you need any sort technical assistance, then in that case, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks payroll customer support professionals at 1-800-761-1787, and our team will provide you with immediate technical assistance.