Press Release For Immediate Dissemination
Glenmark launches “Digihaler - India’s first DigitalDose Inhaler (DDI)” for Asthma and COPD medication
- Digihaler, the next-gen digital inhaler provides accurate digital dose counter along with low dose warning indicator to track patience adherence
- Digihaler is the next-gen digital inhaler with high precision drug delivery system
- With the launch of “Digihaler”, Glenmark expands and strengthens its product offerings in respiratory category
- According to estimates, 50 to 70 per cent of asthma patients in India do not adhere to prescribed treatment regimen, and suffer in the long run.
MUMBAI, 2016: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, the research-led global integrated pharmaceutical company today announced launch of “Digihaler — India’s first Digital Dose Inhaler (DDI).” This next-gen inhaler provides accurate digital dose counter along with low dose warning indicator to enable Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients to track adherence to their therapy.
As per WHO estimates 2007, there are 300 million people currently suffering from asthma globally, and it is expected that could increase by further 100 million by 2025. There have been 2,50,000 deaths per year globally and 57,500 deaths per year in India.
Today, there are about 35 million asthmatics in India and about 40% patients have an uncontrolled asthma and over 60% have partially controlled asthma.
It is a known fact that, patient’s compliance is worldwide challenge in any chronic disease treatment, especially in Asthma and COPD condition, where daily preventative medication is crucial for its treatment. Implication of non-adherence leads to poor control symptoms, worsening the quality of life, high mortality rate which further increases health care expenditure and so on.Globally over 50% of patients have asthma that is not well controlled. In India about 40% patients have an uncontrolled asthma and over 60% have partially controlled asthma.
On the occasion of the launch, Sujesh Vasudevan, President and Head of India Formulations & Africa Region, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, said, “We feel Digital revolution will play a central role in the industry. Especially in Asthma and COPD disease, were patient’s non-adherence to treatment regimeis age old challenge worldwide,and also one of major reason for inadequate control of asthma and COPD across age groups. Digihaler is “India’s First Digital Dose Inhaler (DDI)”,aims to address this age old challenge, the device will enable the patients to track the number of doses that have been consumed and prominently placed indicator provides a low dose warning which is beneficial to patients.This will further enable the doctors to determine patient’s adherence to the prescribed therapy regime.”
“Digihaler also addresses the issue of pseudo-adherence & tail-off phenomenon which leads to poor outcome of the therapy. Pseudo-adherence is when patients thinks that he/she taking their medication but in reality is just activating a nearly empty canister. A “tail-off” phenomenon occurs when patients continues to use the inhaler beyond the recommended number of doses and the drug delivery per actuation becomes inconsistent and unpredictable, with the amount of active drug eventually becoming negligible.”
He added further, “With the launch of Digihaler, Glenmark is committed to provide innovative and world class products at affordable prices, and it further expands and strengthens our product offerings in the respiratory category too”
Digihaler, represents a next-gen inhaler which is “India’s First Digital Dose Inhaler” (DDI). The device has DDI enabled with electronic dose metered kit which ensures â€˜Precise’ or â€˜Accurate’ delivery of dosage for â€˜Assured’ benefits. The revolutionary Digital Dose Inhaler — DDI offers several benefits like low dose display forewarning the patient about the impending end of the â€˜recommended’ doses, end dose display, so device can be replaced with a new one’ and “Tail-Off” phenomenon
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GPL) is a research-driven, global, integrated pharmaceutical company headquartered at Mumbai, India. It is ranked among the top 80 Pharma & Biotech companies of the world in terms of revenues. (SCRIP 100 Rankings published in the year 2014). Glenmark is a leading player in the discovery of new molecules both NCEs (new chemical entity) and NBEs (new biological entity). Glenmark has several molecules in various stages of clinical development and is primarily focused in the areas of Inflammation [asthma/COPD, rheumatoid arthritis etc.] and Pain [neuropathic pain and inflammatory pain].
The company has a significant presence in branded generics markets across emergingeconomies including India. GPL along with its subsidiary has 14 manufacturing facilities in four countries and has six R&D centers. The Generics business of Glenmark services the requirements of the US and Western Europe markets. The API business sells its products in over 80 countries, including the US, various countries in the EU, South America and India.
For further information, please contact:
Ramkumar Uppara/ Shibani Shah
Glenmark, Mumbai, India
Tel: [+91 22] 40189984/348
Email: [email protected]
|For further information, contact:|
|PR24x7 Network Limited|
Check out those popular press releases
- Airwheel X3 and X8, Which one wheel electric scooter Will Be Your First Choice? Selecting Airwheel X3 or X8 is a very difficult choice. Both of them are classic types of Airwheel single-wheeled self-balancing electric scooter. Which one is much better? If you have no idea, the following will give you the answer. Airwheel single-wheeled electric scooter is best-seller overseas and its consumer base is made up of enthusiasts from many different countries. As classic types of Airwheel self-balancing electric unicycle, X3 and X8 are very popular. However, many people are altxexeee undecided to choose Airwheel X3 or X8. Here are detailed comparisons between X3 and X8, which will help you out if you also have such a trouble. Quality Quality is always the basis of product and personal safety. Both X3 and X8 adopt imported SONY lithium battery, which can provide stronger power and better range. The adopted first-class Cheng Shin tire makes it adaptable to different road conditions. The high-tech nanometer resin case and super-mute maglev motor make X3 and X8 at similar quality grade. Performance Airwheel X3 has 130wh and 170wh, while Airwheel X8 only has 170wh. X8 is the zenith of Airwheel X series and thus it asks for stronger power. Besides, Airwheel X8 is a unique big-hubbed electric unicycle and is equipped with more intelligent electricity display board and thinner case. Thus, X8 surpasses X3 when it comes to performance. Cost performance Cost performance is concerned by lots of consumers and high cost performance needs price support. Although X8 is superior to X3 in performance, it is inferior to X3 in terms of price. Briefly speaking, Airwheel X3 has the similar quality to X8, but only has two thirds price of X8. Because of friendly price, many people would like to choose X3. Appearance Regarding to appearance, Airwheel X3 and X8 have their own advantages. X3 has customized limited edition, while X8 has royal carbon fiber grain. The 16-inch wheel hub of X8 is quite luxurious and attractive, but recently Airwheel has released orange X3 that is fashionable and cool. Everyone’s aesthetics is different. It is really a difficult question if you ask which one is much more fashionable. After the comparisons between Airwheel X3 and X8 in quality, performance, cost performance and appearance, you may have your own idea about choosing X3 or X8. Whatever type you choose, Airwheel always devotes itself to providing better scooters to consumers. About Airwheel Company Name: Airwheel Technology Holding (USA) Co., Ltd Contact Person: Mr Tang E-mail: [email protected] Phone: +8618861270200 Website: http://www.airwheel.net Airwheel
- wheelieholix.pl RozwaÃ…¼ajÃ„…c co klasa sukni Ã…â€ºlubnych akceptowalny najbardziej praktycznym miejscem dla panny mÃ…â€šodej, kiecka maÃ…â€šÃ…¼onka sprawunki Ã…â€šatwiejsze.
- “Miguel, Ángel Celestino”: Una novela para entender a Venezuela
- Aulaformacion centro adscrito a la Universidad UEMC organiza master online en medioambiente y eficiencia energÃ©tica
- SYCODE Releases CATIA V4 and V5 File Import Add-Ins for SolidWorks