Manchester, NH — May 20, 2016 - Financial institutions and the authorities have been looking for ways to fight identity theft. However, it seems that the crime continues to grow and affect millions of people from around the world.
Chip technology as a security fix for credit cards believed to be ineffective against fraud. This security fix comes in a form of microchips embedded in the credit cards.
In the last few years, about $200 million to $800 million were spent by card issuers to provide cardholders with new debit and credit cards. Large retailers, on the other hand, have spent over $8 billion just to install card readers, which work by reading the microchips.
Unfortunately, despite of all these costs and measures, retailers believe that the new system is highly flawed. According to retailers, instead of using a two-factor authentication from chip â€˜n’ PIN cards, card issuers are distributing chip â€˜n’ signature cards, which crooks can undermine with ease.
Brian Dodge, executive vice president of the Retail Industry Leaders Association, believes that chip and PIN has been proven to fight fraud significantly. However, unfortunately, it is not exactly what American consumers are getting.
The new chip technology is also believed to be ineffective in eliminating fraud and instead it will only divert the type of fraud that may take place.
A new technology called Europay, MasterCard, and Visa (EMV) consists of cards that contain microchip. This microchip possesses data that is traditionally stored in the magnetic strip of cards. It works with readers that have the ability to scan the chip as well as process payment transactions. This is securely done with the use of encryption.
It is believed that the chip can reduce fraud due to the fact that it contains a cryptographic key. This key works by authenticating the card as a legitimate bank card. It also generates a one-time code with very transaction.
The retail industry believes that using signatures with chip cards is less secure because it can be extremely easy to forge signatures. Card readers also don’t do anything to authenticate the signatures.
The good news is that there are blocking sleeves for credit cards available nowadays. Consumers can use this product to increase their protection against thieves. Crooks with skimming devices won’t be able to steal information when these credit card sleeves are used.
The set of RFID blocking sleeves can be purchased at amazon.com. Consumers can use this product while dining and traveling. These sleeves won’t just free them from hassles but also save them from financial embarrassment. (amazon.com/RFID-Blocking-Sleeves-Protector-Protection/dp/B0150T0AI2/).
RFID Vault is a brand dedicated to protecting your bank without breaking it! Keep your personal information stored on bank cards, credit cards, driver’s licenses and passports safe a secure. We are dedicated to providing quality RFID products and personal customer service. Learn more at http://www.myRFIDvault.com
SOURCE LINK: http://www.wired.com/2015/09/big-security-fix-credit-cards-wont-stop-fraud/
Check out those popular press releases
- Airwheel X3 and X8, Which one wheel electric scooter Will Be Your First Choice? Selecting Airwheel X3 or X8 is a very difficult choice. Both of them are classic types of Airwheel single-wheeled self-balancing electric scooter. Which one is much better? If you have no idea, the following will give you the answer. Airwheel single-wheeled electric scooter is best-seller overseas and its consumer base is made up of enthusiasts from many different countries. As classic types of Airwheel self-balancing electric unicycle, X3 and X8 are very popular. However, many people are altxexeee undecided to choose Airwheel X3 or X8. Here are detailed comparisons between X3 and X8, which will help you out if you also have such a trouble. Quality Quality is always the basis of product and personal safety. Both X3 and X8 adopt imported SONY lithium battery, which can provide stronger power and better range. The adopted first-class Cheng Shin tire makes it adaptable to different road conditions. The high-tech nanometer resin case and super-mute maglev motor make X3 and X8 at similar quality grade. Performance Airwheel X3 has 130wh and 170wh, while Airwheel X8 only has 170wh. X8 is the zenith of Airwheel X series and thus it asks for stronger power. Besides, Airwheel X8 is a unique big-hubbed electric unicycle and is equipped with more intelligent electricity display board and thinner case. Thus, X8 surpasses X3 when it comes to performance. Cost performance Cost performance is concerned by lots of consumers and high cost performance needs price support. Although X8 is superior to X3 in performance, it is inferior to X3 in terms of price. Briefly speaking, Airwheel X3 has the similar quality to X8, but only has two thirds price of X8. Because of friendly price, many people would like to choose X3. Appearance Regarding to appearance, Airwheel X3 and X8 have their own advantages. X3 has customized limited edition, while X8 has royal carbon fiber grain. The 16-inch wheel hub of X8 is quite luxurious and attractive, but recently Airwheel has released orange X3 that is fashionable and cool. Everyone’s aesthetics is different. It is really a difficult question if you ask which one is much more fashionable. After the comparisons between Airwheel X3 and X8 in quality, performance, cost performance and appearance, you may have your own idea about choosing X3 or X8. Whatever type you choose, Airwheel always devotes itself to providing better scooters to consumers. About Airwheel Company Name: Airwheel Technology Holding (USA) Co., Ltd Contact Person: Mr Tang E-mail: [email protected] Phone: +8618861270200 Website: http://www.airwheel.net Airwheel
- “Miguel, Ángel Celestino”: Una novela para entender a Venezuela
- wheelieholix.pl RozwaÃ…¼ajÃ„…c co klasa sukni Ã…â€ºlubnych akceptowalny najbardziej praktycznym miejscem dla panny mÃ…â€šodej, kiecka maÃ…â€šÃ…¼onka sprawunki Ã…â€šatwiejsze.
- Mr Ajay S. Shriram, Chairman and Senior Managing Director, DCM Shriram Ltd. Received the Life Time Achievement Award for his contribution tothe Vinyl Industry.
- Xeye, a new concept of micro mode cameras that supports all your devices invites crowdsourcing for its first phase of production on Indiegogo