How long does it take to climb Mount Kilimanjaro?
Climbing mountains is no mean feat, especially if you’ve contemplated taking up a lifetime opportunity of climbing a mountain like Mount Kilimanjaro. Have you ever wondered how long does it take to climb Mount Kilimanjaro? Well, the answer varies on the route you plan to choose.
Kilimanjaro is a long hike, but there’s quite a lot of variation in terms of hike time taken to climb it. Some climbers can accomplish the whole trek within 8 days, while others may spend 6 on the same route.
Days to Climb Kilimanjaro? Don’t Race!
Standing on top of the roof of Africa is a cherished dream in the hearts of many… Do you intend to climb Kilimanjaro within a few days itself? Well, this is no race.
Before you set off on this challenging struggle, it is better not to think of racing and reaching the top at first. Reaching the top in the fastest possible time may sound great, but underestimating the challenges of this arduous journey is a strict no!
The long time it takes to climb Africa’s highest peak notwithstanding, reaching the summit would be enlivening – regardless of how long it took you to climb Kilimanjaro! Hastening your pace in this Herculean journey is more likely to end in a disheartening failure, so why not take your own time to acclimatize, and build up your strength. The only thing that would help you ace the race is steadfastness along with a slow and steady pace.
Treading on the challenging Kilimanjaro hike could be physically draining, so don’t think of jumping headfirst. Here’s your guide to script success throughout your Kilimanjaro hike length:
- Acclimatizing for Kilimanjaro Hike Distance
The high altitudes of Kilimanjaro can put your health at serious risk during the hike. You may end up suffering from mountain sickness, owing to low oxygen absorption. You can pre-acclimatize yourself with intensive training that heightens the volume of red blood cells, and accelerates absorption of oxygen even when you’re in the high altitudes of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Shorten Kilimanjaro Hike Time with Better Fitness
Several fitness freaks have attempted to take the bull by the horns, but too much exertion at the start would only propel fatigue. Fitness is a prerogative when you’re ascending towards Mount Kilimanjaro. Without proper fitness levels, getting to the top maybe nearly impossible. On the other hand, heightened fitness levels could help in shortening your time to reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Kit for Kilimanjaro Hike Length
If it is your first climbing experience, you can never accurately predict how long it will take to climb Kilimanjaro, so having the right equipment with extra supplies would only add to your overall comfort during the hike. It is worth carrying trekking poles, additional clothes for the unpredictable weather, energy supplements or anything else that can be essential on your way.
- Route for Shortest Mt. Kilimanjaro Hike Time
While there are seven different established routes to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, you should choose the best route after thorough research. Here’s a lowdown on the different route details:
The scenic beauty in all these Mount Kilimanjaro routes makes up for all the challenges during the trek. In order to choose the best route for your Mount Kilimanjaro trek, you may need to consider whether you’d prioritize the scenic beauty of the route, altitude acclimatization characteristics, foot traffic and the difficulty of the hike.
Considerations to Remember…
Before you set off for the hike, make sure you consider the following:
- Stay determined – You may feel exhausted and tired during the trek, but it is indispensable to stay determined. The focus is not about how many days it takes to climb Kilimanjaro, but about reaching the peak safely with determination.
- Go Slow – Instead of rushing and taking quick strides, think about gradual steps that don’t wear you off. You’d need to be slow and steady to enjoy a successful Kilimanjaro trek.
- Stock Energy Supplies – The arduous process of climbing the steep slope may be exhausting, so stock energy supplies to keep your energy levels high.
- Clean Drinking Water – Carry water purification tablets and replenish your body with clean drinking water throughout the Kilimanjaro hike length.
- Plan for the right weather – Make your Kilimanjaro hike plan in the best suited weather, after conducting appropriate research beforehand.
Enjoy your hike, but stay strong and persistent. Don’t forget the amazing feeling of exhilaration you’d feel when you reach on top of the mountain. This would be an experience of a lifetime, so make sure you enjoy it to the fullest!