Welspun Energy Limited commissions 8.02 (DC) MW capacity Solar Project in Karnataka
- WEL’s first solar project in Karnataka
- Project completed 4 months before the scheduled deadline
- Solar project to power 33,600 homes by generating 12.264 Mn kWh electricity annually
- 11651 tones of carbon emissions will be mitigated by WEL’s Karnataka project
Mumbai, December 19, 2013: India’s leading solar developer Welspun Energy Limited (WEL) has commissioned its first solar project in Karnataka of 8.02 (DC) MW capacity, four months ahead of schedule. The 8.02 (DC) MW Karnataka project located in Chitradurga district was developed by WEL’s step down subsidiary Welspun Solar Kannada Pvt. Ltd. under the Karnataka State Policy.
As per the PPA signed with Mangalore Electric Supply Company (MESCOM), the power plant was scheduled to begin commercial operations only by March 2014. Keeping up its impeccable execution track record, WEL has commissioned this project well before the timeline.
This project is one of the many solar and wind projects of WEL being developed in Karnataka and will contribute to the state’s energy needs. This project will address Karnataka’s annual peak deficit of 27.4% by generating 12.264 Mn kWh annually, enough to power 33,600 households. The solar project will mitigate 11,651 tons of carbon emissions annually.
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Vineet Mittal, Managing Director, Welspun Energy Ltd & President of Solar Power Developers Association (SPDA) said, “Welspun Energy is committed to supplying clean energy to power India’s growth. The need gap can sustainably be closed by increasing investment in renewable energy projects and our pace of growth mirrors this commitment. Completion of this project before schedule and at a lower than budgeted cost, demonstrates Welspun Energy’s expertise in solar project development. Best in class engineering practices and project management excellence contributes towards our success.”
The tracking system deployed at the site would track the path of the sun from morning till evening. This system is expected to give a significant boost to power generation percentage in comparison to the fixed tilt system.
WEL’s power projects aims to contribute to the nation’s energy security agenda. With an industry projected growth of 20% per year and a favorable policy ecosystem, Welspun Energy aims to develop 1.75 GW of solar and wind power projects in the next three years.
Welspun Energy has so far built up more than 300 MW clean energy capacity on-ground, of this 262MW clean energy projects are operational. The organization envisions developing power projects pan India, with Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka being major states of focus.
For more information
PR 24x7 Network Limited
Check out those popular press releases
- As Content Volume Explodes, Machine Translation Becomes an Inevitable Part of Global Content Strategy
- Global HVAC Market Report 2016: Prediction and Analysis for 2022
- Steven Greschner brings talents and experience to security firm Mosaic451
- Fastcreditcardapprovals.com Reveals Best Student Credit Cards for 2014
- Financial Times (UK) Reports: Former “Influential” Entrepreneur Frederick Achom Finally Exposed