ToyotaUniversity Cricket Championship Hosts its
First Match of the Season in Mumbai
· MumbaiUniversity (Western Wolves) Vs Jamia Millia Islamia (Northern Stars)
· Grand opening ceremony celebrated to mark the beginning of Toyota University Cricket Championship
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan graced the occasion along with many other celebrities & dignitaries
Mumbai: Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. today marked the beginning of Toyota University Cricket Championship (TUCC) with a grand opening ceremony at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai. Superstar Shah Rukh Khan graced the occasion with his presence. Bollywood musical trio- Shankar, Ehsaan & Loy were seen performing at the dazzling event. The first match of TUCC was held between Western Wolves of Mumbai University & Northern Stars of Jamia Millia Islamia.
Also present at the occasion were important dignitaries including Former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid & Navjot Singh Sidhu along with Mr. Vikram Kirloskar, Vice Chairman, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Mr. Shekar Viswanathan, Vice Chairman, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director & CEO, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director & COO, Toyota Kirloskar Motor & Dr. Prannoy Roy, Founder and Executive Co-Chairperson of NDTV.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vikram Kirloskar, Vice Chairman, TKM said, “At the outset, I would like to congratulate all the eight teams who have made it this far in this journey. Toyota is very glad to be associated with University Cricket as we have always believed
in promoting sports among the youth. TUCC is a very good initiative to promote cricket at the university level and we are glad to contribute to this revolutionary concept of promoting young talent. We look forward to a very exciting series and wish all the participants the very best”.
Also speaking on the occasion, Mr. Sandeep Singh, DMD and COO, TKM said, “We are very happy to be a part of TUCC as it encourages and promotes young cricketing talent in India.
It is our endeavor to connect with the youth of today and what better way than the most popular form of sports in India to connect with the youth. On behalf of Toyota I wish all the players the best of luck and let’s enjoy an exciting and thrilling season of cricket.”
Toyota University Cricket Championship was launched last month in association with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and NDTV.
For further information please contact-
Check out those popular press releases
- Book Review, Denny JA: Fang Yin’s Handkerchief, BestSellerNo1 Kindle Poetry Book
- Civo Cloud Announces Search For Beta Testers With Tasty Perks
- Over One Million Fans Have Given Fb Posts Like Thumbsup
- A professional air conditioning Shrewsbury company guarantees the good preservation of your products
- UK wedding magazine reveals why most wedding couples hire the Faye Cornhill Photography.