The surgery to replace shoulder joint with artificial components of metal or plastic (prostheses) is known as Shoulder Joint Replacement surgery. Shoulder replacement is done when shoulder joint is severely damaged by degenerative joint diseases like arthritis or in case of upper arm bone fracture.
During the procedure, the ends of damaged upper bone (humerus) and part of scapula are replaced with artificial surfaces lined with metal and plastic. Shoulder joint component may be held in place with cement or made of material that allows bone to grow into the joint component.
Types of Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Shoulder resurfacing arthroplasty — The replacement of only damaged joint surfaces with minimal bone resection
- Partial — Replacement of only humeral head is known partial or hemiarthroplasty
- Total — Replacement of both the articular surfaces with prostheses is known as shoulder arthroplasty
- Reverse — When both the articular surfaces are replaced but with the 'ball' on the glenoid and the 'cup', or 'socket', on the humerus is known as reverse shoulder joint replacement
Indications for Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Severe pain and disability which may not be responsive with conservative or non-surgical treatment
- Osteoarthritis/ Rheumatoid arthritis
- Recurrent shoulder instability
- Fractured proximal end of humerus
Advantages of Shoulder replacement Surgery
- Shoulder replacement surgery relieves pain and restores joint function in patients with end-stage degenerative joint disease resulting from osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- The surgery regains the ability to maintain movement in the joint
- Gives a good useable range of movement of the shoulder
Shoulder Replacement Surgery in India — Cost and Benefits
Shoulder replacement surgery requires interdisciplinary team of expert doctors and rehabilitation personnel. The state-of-the art hospitals in India are well equipped with sophisticated technology and equipments which are on par with any world class facility. The cost of shoulder joint replacement surgery is much more affordable than the cost of shoulder replacement surgery in USA or UK. Moreover, language is not a barrier for medical tourists coming to India since the hospital staff is English speaking thus leave no chance of communication barrier.
IndiCure, the most renowned medical tourism company offers affordable Shoulder joint replacement surgery in India. The company associates with board certified and internationally renowned joint replacement surgeons. IndiCure offers huge discounted prices for joint replacement surgery in India. The company offers complete solutions for accommodation, travel and other ancillary services. The services are very prompt and give round the clock assistance to medical tourists. For more information about Shoulder joint replacement surgery, visit - http://indicure.com.ng/joint_replacement/shoulder_replacement_surgery_in_india.htm or call us at +919818462127 or +919320036777.
Check out those popular press releases
- Save Money with Best Tyre Australia
- Vishal Shekhar’s hair troubles on Captain Tiao
- Hj has just released a new video on Robert Dickins Channel about how to lose 80 pounds in 6 months
- Mechanical Drafting services, Outsourcing Mechanical CAD Drafting to India
- The Countdown to Halloween in New Orleans has begun with The Endless Night Vampire Ball