Richmond, BC September 01, 2009 Students of lower socioeconomic status who took music lessons in grades 8-12 increased their math scores significantly as compared to non-music students. But just as important, reading, history, geography and even social skills soared by as much as 40%. These numbers highlight the need for early and constant music education.
Unfortunately, the majority of children lose interest in music lessons during the first eighteen months. Tatiana Bandurina, author of Voices of Our Children: Stories of Music Education, states that 80% of children quit music education because of their parents. The remaining 20% go to unprofessional music teachers and extra family surrounding of the child. In many cases, parents canâ€˜t find the necessary information about what their part is in the music education of children.
Your child can learn music with pleasure and not under pressure! Tatiana reveals the mysteries of parentsâ€˜ strategies in music education and shows you simple examples from the lives of other families. She describes advantages of music education and helps parents avoid the many difficulties they often face when first starting children in music classes.
1Gardiner, Fox, Jeffrey and Knowles, Nature, May 23, 1996
Tatiana Bandurina is an inventor, a professional writer and a member of the Canadian Authors Association. For more than twenty years she worked in several childrenâ€˜s musical academies and schools as a teacher and a principal. Tatiana is now the director of Quintecco Educational Products, Inc., the website is www.quintecco.com, a company that develops and markets new media education products to the consumer and business education markets.
Visit the publisher's website: http://www.quintecco.com