Press Release 18.6.18
NTPC restores ‘Tameshwar Football Field’ at Farakka by using Fly-Ash
NTPC, India’s largest power generating company has revived the Tameshwar Football Field at Farakka in Murshidabad district of West Bengal by elevating the level of the field with Fly-Ash. To level the ground, truckloads of Fly-Ash was used as land filler to top up the earth level and restore the ground to its original shape and form.
The residents of Raghunathpur in Beniagram Gram Panchayat, Farakka were delighted to see the work done on their historical playfield, as it was once the centre of attraction of the village. Tameshwar Field regained its lost glory with the commencement of Ramendra Narayan Pandey Memorial football tournament.
With the advent of FIFA World Cup 2018, NTPC has scripted a new bond with the local community near Farakka by playing a key role in reviving the spirit of football. NTPC as a part of the social responsibility has already been running several rural sports programs and gets associated with the rural football festival.
Through this initiative, NTPC supports the game with adequate football accessories like jersey, nets, and individual prizes are given to the players of the participating teams as it helps them keep motivated.
NTPC is committed towards an inclusive growth and sustainable development with special focus to improve the quality of life in neighbourhood community with focus on infrastructure development, education, community health & sanitation, capacity-building, and gender empowerment.
Check out those popular press releases
- Prominent brands recognize importance of influential YouTube personalities to reach key target audiences
- Pimsleur Approach Review recommends the use of Effective & Successful Pimsleur Program for Learning Languages
- Better tips about how to correctly operate the paper sheeting machine
- MEDIA ADVISORY: 40+ Food Experts Joining Chicago Food Tank Summit
- Capital Direct Funding Hard Money Makes Major Investment in Golf Course and Recreational Facility Lending