Lagos, Nigeria: The growth in the fast food industry in Nigeria has been a key contributor to the Nigerian economy through the creation of employment opportunities for Nigerians. According to a report by the Oxford Business Group, as of 2014, there where over 500,000 workers employed in the fast food industry. Nigeria’s food industry at large will be discussed at Food Nigeria which will hold from 18 -20 May 2016 in Lagos, Nigeria at the Eko Convention Centre.
The food industry is one of the best-performing sectors in Nigeria. The industry has grown rapidly due to affordability and convenience. Furthermore a fast-growing overall population and an increasing urbanisation are other catalyst encouraging this growth.
In recent times, the food industry in Nigeria has experienced vast growth. The fast food industry in Nigeria became prominent in the 1970s. In 1973, Nigeria’s oldest fast food chain Mr. Biggs, owned by UAC, was founded and the restaurant was arguably the largest functioning fast food restaurant up until the 80s. In the 80s and 90s, other fast food companies such as Mama Cass, Big Treats, Tastee Fried Chicken, Tantalizers and Sweet Sensation were in operation in Nigeria.
Additionally, the food processing sector is also one of the best-performing industries in Nigeria. A subsidiary of Unilever, UAC has been serving the Nigerian food sector since the 1930s. Since the inception of UAC foods, the food processing sector has expanded with over 100 food processing companies functioning in Nigeria with main growth drivers such as UAC foods, Leventis foods Ltd., Dangote, Olam, BUA, and Honeywell — who have been key influencers of the food processing sectors growth. The sector sources products locally and has creative innovations in various categories such as noodles, dairy, baked goods, poultry, pasta, rice and noodles.
The recent importation bans in Nigeria and declining value of the naira has seen more businesses sourcing and processing food locally, which has grown the industry rapidly. The growth in the food processing sector has had a major role in the development of the agriculture sector. If more businesses process food locally, it will raise awareness for the Nigerian agriculture sector and also provide economic benefits to the country.
Food Nigeria, organised by Informa Life Sciences Exhibitions, will provide a platform for international and regional food and beverage companies to network and cultivate business ties in Nigeria. The Food Nigeria conferences will discuss major topics and issues including: Supply chain management, Food technology and Retail innovation.
Informa Life Sciences successfully runs seven events in Nigeria alone addressing the Nigerian economy’s requirements. The exhibition will host more than 150 international companies across 2,500 sqm of exhibition space. The companies will represent more than 20 country pavilions welcoming an expected 6000 attendees. The event is supported by the Association of Food Vendors in Nigeria (AFVN), the National Agency for Food and Drug (NAFDAG), and National Association of Supermarket Operators of Nigeria (NASON).
Learn more about the growth of the Nigerian economy, job opportunities and the development of the Food industry in Nigeria. More information about the Fast food industry in Nigeria can be read at food-nigeria.com.
Check out those popular press releases
- Airwheel X3 and X8, Which one wheel electric scooter Will Be Your First Choice? Selecting Airwheel X3 or X8 is a very difficult choice. Both of them are classic types of Airwheel single-wheeled self-balancing electric scooter. Which one is much better? If you have no idea, the following will give you the answer. Airwheel single-wheeled electric scooter is best-seller overseas and its consumer base is made up of enthusiasts from many different countries. As classic types of Airwheel self-balancing electric unicycle, X3 and X8 are very popular. However, many people are altxexeee undecided to choose Airwheel X3 or X8. Here are detailed comparisons between X3 and X8, which will help you out if you also have such a trouble. Quality Quality is always the basis of product and personal safety. Both X3 and X8 adopt imported SONY lithium battery, which can provide stronger power and better range. The adopted first-class Cheng Shin tire makes it adaptable to different road conditions. The high-tech nanometer resin case and super-mute maglev motor make X3 and X8 at similar quality grade. Performance Airwheel X3 has 130wh and 170wh, while Airwheel X8 only has 170wh. X8 is the zenith of Airwheel X series and thus it asks for stronger power. Besides, Airwheel X8 is a unique big-hubbed electric unicycle and is equipped with more intelligent electricity display board and thinner case. Thus, X8 surpasses X3 when it comes to performance. Cost performance Cost performance is concerned by lots of consumers and high cost performance needs price support. Although X8 is superior to X3 in performance, it is inferior to X3 in terms of price. Briefly speaking, Airwheel X3 has the similar quality to X8, but only has two thirds price of X8. Because of friendly price, many people would like to choose X3. Appearance Regarding to appearance, Airwheel X3 and X8 have their own advantages. X3 has customized limited edition, while X8 has royal carbon fiber grain. The 16-inch wheel hub of X8 is quite luxurious and attractive, but recently Airwheel has released orange X3 that is fashionable and cool. Everyone’s aesthetics is different. It is really a difficult question if you ask which one is much more fashionable. After the comparisons between Airwheel X3 and X8 in quality, performance, cost performance and appearance, you may have your own idea about choosing X3 or X8. Whatever type you choose, Airwheel always devotes itself to providing better scooters to consumers. About Airwheel Company Name: Airwheel Technology Holding (USA) Co., Ltd Contact Person: Mr Tang E-mail: [email protected] Phone: +8618861270200 Website: http://www.airwheel.net Airwheel
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you…..Ã¢â‚¬Youâ€˜ll be a success at JTM Solutions, my son!Ã¢â‚¬
- Digital marketer Mohammad Nayem shares his success mantra and motivational factors
- wheelieholix.pl RozwaÃ…¼ajÃ„…c co klasa sukni Ã…â€ºlubnych akceptowalny najbardziej praktycznym miejscem dla panny mÃ…â€šodej, kiecka maÃ…â€šÃ…¼onka sprawunki Ã…â€šatwiejsze.
- “Miguel, Ángel Celestino”: Una novela para entender a Venezuela