Not all can stand up tall during adversity, not all can create a place for themselves. In today’s world, women have made a mark for themselves in every walk of life. They have excelled and are considered at par with men in their accomplishments. IBN-Lokmat, Maharashtra’s premier Marathi news channel felicitates and honors brave and determined women achievers in niche fields. This new initiative commemorates the women who have made a difference in a unique way to the society we live in. The Mukta Sanman Awards will take place on the occasion of International Women’s Day each year. Watch this exclusively on Friday, 8th March 2013 at 9:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. as we celebrate the spirit of women on Women’s Day only on IBN-Lokmat.
The Mukta Sanman Awards this year will felicitate five extraordinary women who are leaders in their chosen field and reinstate the belief that life is what you make of it. Government professionals, social activists, men who determinedly work for women, entrepreneurs and women making a career in the entertainment sector will be honored and rewarded.
- Shilpa Thodke, a Tahasildar in Solapur district, is known for her fight against sand Mafias and has worked extensively against Illegal sand excavation in southern Solapur.
- Deepshikha, a group of girls from Jalna, who through their tireless effort of fighting against child marriage have stopped this social evil in the district. They have garnered support from many NGO's but the success is credited to these young brave girls.
- Bhaskar Karkera and his organization Swayamsiddha are taking initiative to open avenues for girls in sports. Swayamsiddha is helping sportswoman to shine at National and International platforms.
- An entrepreneur herself, Ranjana Deshpande has started the first industrial township 'Udyog Swamini Hitwardhini Mahila Cooperative Society Limited' for women aspiring to succeed in business. She and her organization are working towards making more and more women entrepreneurs in the state. She has also formed the first Mahila Sahakari Adyogik Vasahat.
- Gauri Shinde, Director of of the acclaimed film English-Vinglish, has proved what gender sensitivity is all about. She has helped in changing the perspective of this male chauvinistic society to look at their wives, mothers or partners as equal.
Let us all together salute and celebrate the success stories of woman on the occasion of International Women’s day! To join this noble cause and salute women achievers, tune in to the “Mukta Sanman” Awards on Friday, 8th March 2013 at 9:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. only on IBN-Lokmat.
Check out those popular press releases
- Book Review, Denny JA: Fang Yin’s Handkerchief, BestSellerNo1 Kindle Poetry Book
- Civo Cloud Announces Search For Beta Testers With Tasty Perks
- Differences between FOSJOAS intelligent self-balancing scooter K3 and U3
- Fifaar is an online shop selling cheap FUT coins
- Social Media Influencers Dominating People’s SEO Campaign