Make your home â€˜go green’ this Holi
With the festival of colours just round the corner, we are in our most vibrant moods
to celebrate it with complete zest and fervor. In the earlier days, colours used for
Holi were made of flowers, herbs and roots that left behind a natural colour and
fragrance. In the modern times, this concept has evolved to take a commercial angle
where manufacturers produce synthetic colours containing silicon, lead and chromium
that leaves behind a darker shade and long lasting effect on the skin. Consumers are
moving back to traditionally made eco-friendly, natural colours to avoid the many
side-effects and reactions of the synthetic colours used in the recent past.
For paint companies that touch lives through colours, this festival is undoubtedly
significant. As consumers are now aware about the ill effects of synthetic colours,
they tend to apply the same rationale for the paints they select for their abode.
Hence, like environment friendly Holi colours, there arises a need for eco-friendly
paints in vibrant colours that neither harm the textures and quality of their walls nor
the health of the occupants.
Certain points that you should keep in mind to check whether the wall paint that you
opt for is eco-friendly or not:
- The main feature to look for in eco- friendly paints is the VOC leveli.e. the
Volatile Organic Compound. The simple rule is lower the VOCs, the safer and
healthier the paint is.During the painting process VOCs get evaporated in
the air causing health risks such as headaches, nausea, respiratory disorders,
dizziness, chest congestion, lung irritation, and burning sensation in the eyes,
nose and throat amongst others which can be avoided now, thanks to the eco-
friendly paints in the market.
- Impact on your Indoor Air Quality can be judged by the fumes your newly
painted house emits.
Some VOCs are dangerous to human health and also cause harm to the
environment.A major source of man-made VOCs are coatings, especially
paints and protective coatings. It is recommended to use paints that do not
emit foul smell and also do not release any harmful gases like VOC. Few paint
companieshide the harmful effectsof the use of VOC paints from the consumers
by just not talking about it.
- For durability of your walls, interior paintsshould beStain and Scratch
Resistant and have Excellent Washabilitywhile having Low VOC and Low
Odourto ensure that performance of the paint is not affected. Impressions
Eco-clean by Kansai Nerolac serves this exact purpose by ticking off all the
requirements on the checklist.
- Whereas for exterior paints, as exterior properties are more prone to
fungus and decaying of wall surfaces, the paint should have Weather
Defense Formula, Excellent Fungal Resistance along withZero/Low VOC.
KansaiNerolac’s Excel Total is completely apt for external use as it has all
these features to keep your external walls protected and safe for a long time.
- Make sure you select paints that are for indoor use. Do not use exterior paints
- Read the label for information, about the potential health effects of the
paints or ask thecontractor or paint supplier.
These simple, yet effective insights will help you choose the correct eco-friendly
paints so as to have a lasting effect on your walls without causing distress to them
or the inhabitants. Kansai Nerolac is thepioneer company that provide the best eco-
friendly paints in the market that will help you go-green and keep your family safe
from indoor air pollution caused due to paints.
To guide you with the choice of paints and colours, Kansai Nerolac provides its
consumers with the service of coming to your doorstep through Nerolac Home Painting
services available in select cities. Happy Painting!
Check out those popular press releases
- Preguntas frecuentes al buscar residencia de mayores
- BL Die Casting Now Ensures Top Quality Production of Aluminum Die Casting with their Improved Quality Parameters
- TLC CELEBRATES MOTHERS DAY WITH SOME OF THE WORLDS MOST AMAZING WOMEN IN EXTRAORDINARY MOMS ON TLC
- Buy Instagram Likes and Followers at the Cheapest Price
- Protege tu piel con los distintos tipos de protectores solares