Also known as lipoplasty, liposuction removes excess fat and enhances self-image issues by re-contouring body parts. It is a cosmetic surgery procedure which treats stubborn fat pockets in many body parts such as neck, arms, cheeks, chest, hips, waist, calves and ankles. Liposuction may be performed alone or in combination with other plastic surgery procedures such as tummy tuck, breast reduction or rhytidectomy.
Procedures — Liposuction is performed under local or general anaesthesia depending upon patient’s choice and surgeon’s comfort level. The procedure of liposuction involves removal of fat through a cannula which is passed through a fatty tissue. The fat is removed by attaching a pump which generates a vacuum, the procedure known as Suction assisted liposuction.
There are various techniques used in performing liposuction such as:
- Super wet technique — The technique involves injection of a saline solution containing anaesthetic and adrenaline into the desired region. The solution results in fat deposition that is easier to remove. The injection also reduces swelling and post-op pain thereby minimizing trauma to the surrounding tissue. Also, adrenaline injected in the solution also decreases surgical bleeding and risks associated with liposuction.
- Tumescent Liposuction — Although the technique is similar to super-wet technique but tumescent liposuction involves use of larger amounts of liquid solution. The risks and benefits are similar as those of super-wet technique.
- Vaser Liposuction/Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction (UAL) — The technique uses sound waves to liquefy fat deposits following injection of fluids. UAL results in less bruising and blood loss and gives cosmetic surgeons an alternative method to treat areas that are difficult to enhance with traditional technique.
- Dry Liposuction — Although the technique is not frequently used, dry liposuction required general anaesthesia without use of liquefying agent.
Recovery — The recovery after liposuction varies greatly among individuals. For the first few days, one should rest quietly. One is advised to elevate the body part and not take aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications. Compression garments are usually worn after the procedure. It is quite normal for the patients to experience varying degrees of swelling and bruising during the first 48 hours after the surgery. Bruising typically disappears within 7 — 10 days and stitches removed within a week after surgery. The patient is advised to avoid straining, bending over and lifting. One can resume normal activities within ten days or less.
Cost — If one compares the cost of liposuction between western countries and developing countries, one would find a huge difference in price range of various techniques of liposuction. The average cost of liposuction in USA, UK, Canada, Australia and other European countries one hand is approximately 2000-2500 US$, the cost of liposuction in India is approximately 900 US$. Thus the cost of liposuction is much less inIndia as compared to the cost of liposuction in western countries.
The less cost of cosmetic surgery inIndiahas become the prime reason why people from many western countries choose to get cosmetic surgery inIndia. Medical tourism has brought a revolutionary rise of outbound medical tourism inIndia. Many Medical tourism companies inIndiaare increasingly becoming a serving hand for people to avail plastic surgery inIndia.
IndiCure is among the most recognized medical tourism companies assisting medical travelers to avail plastic surgery in India. Having served hundreds of thousands medical tourists from western as well as middle east and African countries, IndiCure has made a significant mark in terms of providing excellent health care facilities in India. The company gives an informed choice of best of cosmetic surgeons as well as cosmetic surgeons in India. To get liposuction done in Indiawith IndiCure, visit — http://indicurecosmeticsurgery.com/surgery/body-contouring-plastic-surgery/liposuction.htm or http://www.indicure.com/cosmetic-surgery/liposuction.htm or call at +919818462127 or +919320036777.
Check out those popular press releases
- IM – Great Debates III: Speed Of Link-Building Should Be Moderate
- In Conversation with Neena Kulkarni, Abhijeet Khandkekar & Gashmeer Mahajani, Only On IBN-Lokmat
- EzCheckPrinting Software Reaches Out to Illinois Users In The New Update
- How does the winding machine achieve the function of speed controlling?
- Dermay technology provide with their clients high quality sewing machine LED light and other sewing accessories