With advancement in technology and infrastructure,Indiahas become a favorable destination for people looking for affordable knee replacement. There are various knee replacement surgery procedures commonly done at stat-of-the art hospitals inIndia. To name a few:
- Total knee replacement surgery (TKR) — When all other conservative treatments like medicine, physiotherapy have failed to relieve the disabling knee pain, Total knee replacement is the procedure of choice. A TKR surgery entails removal of damaged cartilage and bone from the surface of knee and replacing them with metal and plastic implants.
- Minimally invasive knee replacement — Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery uses specialized techniques and instruments that enable the surgeon to perform the surgery without a large incision. The surgery enables the surgeon to work between the fibres of quadriceps muscles instead of requiring an incision through the tendon. The procedure thus leads to less pain, early recovery and sooner return to activity since the surgery allows better motion due to less scar tissue formation. The results of TKR are very gratifying and allow the patient to live an active lifestyle free of pain.
- Partial knee replacement — Partial or Uni- compartmental knee replacement is done when there is osteoarthritis of a part of knee joint. In a uni-compartmental knee replacement, only the damaged compartment is replaced with metal and plastic implants.
- Bilateral knee replacement — In bilateral knee replacement, both knees are replaced at the same surgery. The advantages of bilateral knee replacement are many. For instance, less cost, one time anaesthesia, lesser hospital stay and one time rehabilitation.
- Hi flex knee replacement — A high flexion knee replacement allows 155 degrees bending and is boon for patients seeking increased function after knee replacement. Hi-flex knee replacement allows activities which are not possible after conventional knee replacement such as kneeling, squatting and gardening.
Benefits of Knee Replacement surgery
- Significant alleviation of pain
- Improved joint function
- Improved range of motion of the knee joint
- Improved quality of life
- Correction of deformities
Undergoing knee replacement surgery inIndiais highly advantageous. For instance, the surgery is performed by team of highly qualified and experienced orthopaedic surgeons, the hospitals inIndiaare well equipped with the latest technology and sophisticated instrumentation which is on par with any other facility in the world. Owing to the less cost of the procedure and excellent health care facilities, many people from all over the world come to India for knee replacement surgery.
IndiCure is one of the medical tourism companies arranging knee replacement surgery with expert surgeons at best of the hospitals in India. For more information about knee replacement surgery, visit - http://indicure.com.ng/joint_replacement/total_knee_replacement_surgery_in_india.htm or http://www.indicure.com/joint-replacement-surgery/total-knee-replacement.htm
or call at +919818462127 or +919320036777