Yangebup, Western Australia; 29, July 2017: It’s no secret that business is booming for the Australian construction industry. With the nation’s population on the rise, there is a growing need for new and affordable housing across the country.
One home builder in Perth, the ISMART Building Group, has come up with an attractive solution to Australia’s increasing need for new build properties. The Yangebup-based firm has developed an innovative way of constructing new houses that are affordable, bespoke to each client’s needs, energy-efficient, and stylish.
Introducing the ISMART Passive Home
The ISMART Building Group is a home construction company unlike many of its competitors. Each property built by ISMART gets designed and constructed with “German passive house” principles in mind. In a nutshell, this is where careful design coupled with smart building practices results in homes that offer on average around 90% savings on annual heating and cooling costs.
There are five basic passive home principles that ISMART adheres to during the design and construction phase of each home in Perth:
1. Thermal Insulation. Each construction project outperforms even traditionally built new properties when it comes to retaining warm or cool air indoors. While the regulatory minimum “R-Value” is 2.9, each ISMART home has values typically ranging from 4.5 to 8.9;
2. Passive Windows. Air-tight, argon-filled double or triple-glazed windows get installed in each property, allowing natural light to flood into the house while providing extra insulation properties;
3. Rigorous Air Tightness Testing. Thermal insulation works best when there is no air movement in a building’s “envelope”. With that thought in mind, ISMART homes get rigorously tested for air tightness;
4. Ventilation with Energy Recovery. The ventilation systems used in each ISMART home allows for fresh air to circulate in the property without losing warmth or coolness;
5. Minimal Thermal Bridge Design. A thermal bridge, such as the corner of a room with little to no insulation, allows heat to travel in or out of a building. ISMART houses get designed with virtually no thermal bridges, ensuring maximum energy efficiency.
Efficient “Finished Wall” design suited to Western Australia’s climate
Another reason for ISMART’s popularity in the homebuilding industry in Perth is down to its efficient design. Each wall gets pre-built at the company’s Yangebup workshop and is a hybrid timber and steel design. Such a process allows houses to get built quicker than what is usually possible but without compromising on quality or durability.
The design of each wall unit is done with the Western Australian climate in mind. This allows for optimum energy efficiency and affordability.
And because each wall gets pre-manufactured before a home’s construction, the building costs are lower for future homeowners. In fact, ISMART’s first build took just nine days to complete!
About the ISMART Building Group:
ISMART was founded by Ian Massey, the designer of the Finished Wall system. At the core of the company’s ethos is to deliver affordable and sustainable housing to home buyers in Perth and Western Australia.
Proud members of the Master Builders of Western Australia, the company prides itself on constructing houses that are energy-efficient, stylish, affordable, and suit each client’s needs perfectly.
Check out those popular press releases
- Buy GW2 (Guild wars 2) gold online with IGXE that offers it in the best way possible
- Advanced liver cancer surgery in India
- Coldflow — Australia’s Largest Award-Winning Heating & Cooling Specialists
- Advanced Spinal Fusion Surgery – What to expect after the surgery
- “Ekla Chalo Re” with Social Workers Dr Satish Gogulwar & Shubhada Deshmukh, Only on IBN-Lokmat